Saturday, May 31, 2008

Celebrating My Second Month of Coupons

All of these items were bought with coupons.
Each item cost $.00 cents (plus tax)!

Here is the breakdown: (+ means what I was credited; if I don't have a link to the coupon it means the coupon came from the Sunday paper or online and is now expired)

4 boxes of Live Active Cereal (48 oz) @ +.02 cents per box
25 bars Johnson and Johnson Buddies soap @+.06 cents per soap
6 packages of Huggies Baby Wipes
(96) @ +.01 cent per package
5 boxes of Zantac (40 pills) @ +1.02 dollars per box
2 boxes of Scotch Brite toilet scrubbers @ .00 cents

12 boxes of Kotex pads (216) @ .00 cents per box
6 Clean and Clear Facial Scrubs @ +1.01 dollars per tube
2 Clinic Happy Perfumes @ .00 cents per bottles
1 Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal (12 oz) @ .00 cents per box
2 boxes of Hello Kitty Band-Aids (20) @ +.01 cent per box
4 All Small & Mighty detergent (8 loads) @ +.01 cent per bottle
1 Herbal Essence Shampoo (trial size) @ +.01 cent per bottle
1 Herbal Essence Conditioner (trial size) @ +.01 cent per bottle
1 Frizz-ease Mousse (trial size) @ +.01 cent per bottle
1 Adidas
Deodorant (2.8 oz) @ .00 cents per bottle
1 Joint Juice (16.9 oz) @ +.82 cents per bottle
25 boxes of Royal Jello @ .00 cents per box
3 tubes of KY @ +.40 cents per tube
30 Archer Farms Ground Coffee (52.5 oz) @ +.01 per bag
Total:$
+++15.57
Estimated cost for these items: $ 168.64

Because I actually made 15.57 dollars, I decided to include a picture of everything I was able to buy with the overage money.

All of these items were bought with coupons.
Each item cost .99 cents or less (plus tax)!

Here is the breakdown: ( - means what I spent; if I don't have a link to the coupon it means the coupon came from the Sunday paper or online and is now expired)

3 Ocelo sponges (26) @ -.14 cents per package
6 Flamless candles @ -.99 cents per candle
5 bags of Lays Cracker Crisps @ -.50 cents per bag
4 Degree Deodorant @ -.50 cents per bottle
4 Bushes Grillin Beans @ -.25 cents per can
2 Childrens tooth brushes @ -.38 cents a brush
2 Smucker's Magic Shell @ -.25 cents a bottle
1 box of Couscoss @ -.25 cents a box
Total: $---13.37
Estimated cost for these items: $ 88.57

So you do the math 15.57-13.37=
Total $+++2.2o
Estimated cost for all items in both pictures: $ 257.21

YES, coupons really work ! (Check out my first month of savings here)

If you are now considering using coupons, check out some of these wonderful "Money Savings Blogs" for links to great coupons and tons of free samples!

Money Savings Blogs


3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Okay, Coupon Diva! Now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor I'm wondering... did you have to pay full price for the home pregnancy tests?

Start clipping those baby product coupons and stockpiling. I don't have to tell you that, I'm sure you've already started!

Rachel said...

Actually I did have a coupon for the second pregnancy test, but with I went to the store the generic was much cheaper so you can only guess which one I bought.

And yes I have started stockpiling baby products! I will have to post about that soon!

Beth said...

Unbelievable!