Thursday, May 1, 2008

Celebrating One Month of Coupons

All of these items were bought with coupons.
Each item cost .14 cents or was free!

This post is dedicated to my first month of using coupons. For several months, I have pondered over the long debate: Do coupons really work? and Should I even waste my time?

Well the great debate is finally over! COUPONS REALLY WORK!


As I mentioned above, each of these items was .14 cents or free. Here is the breakdown: (+ means what I was credited; - means what I spent)

14 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (203 oz) @ +.02 cents per box
9 bars Johnson and Johnson Buddies soap @ .00 cents per soap
10 packages of Clean Team wipes (620) @ -.14 cents per package
15 packages of Ocelo sponges (26) @ -.14 cents per package
6 bottles of Bath and Body Works soap (52.5 oz) @ .00 cents per bottle
2 boxes of Zantac (16 pills) @ +1.02 dollars per box
3 boxes of Scotch Brite toliet scrubbers @ .00 cents
(3 handles and 12 scrubbers) per box

Total: $ 1.18
Estimated cost for all items: $ 151.05

So YES, coupons really work and I should definitely "waste" my time!

If you are now considering if you should "waste" you time, check out some of these wonderful "Money Savings Blogs" for links to great coupons and tons of free samples!

Money Savings Blogs


6 comments:

steviewren said...

Rachel you are a wonder! Super Shopper!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Congratulations of a month of great deals! Wow, you did great!

Betsy Brock said...

I've recently started using coupons, too. I recognize some of the same savings that you have in your photo. It's fun, huh! My husband now asked what I got for free when I've gone to the grocery! :)

rcsnickers said...

how did you get the bath n body soap for that price? You did a great job.

(I am a friend of Beth's!)

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Wow! You did awesome for your first month! That is really good especially for a beginner! I was like you for a while, wondering if coupons worked but then when I started and now have saved around $2,000 this year alone, I'm a believer!!

rcsnickers said...

yes, I know you are Beth's sister in law! Actually, I met you once at the church. I believed you signed the song "How Beautiful" during an Easter Service (talking back in '99?)

No I do not do coupons. Still trying to see if it is worth it. I truly see the great sales everyone makes but the distance I have to drive and I only shop once a month. So the question I am asking myself is the price of gas going to spend my savings? But I get thrilled when I see others saving money! I truly save just by shopping once a month!

Thanks for reading my blog... sometimes I wonder who does and why! :)