Sunday, June 1, 2008

Is There Such A Thing As To Much Baby Knowledge?

Books we have purchased so far, mainly for the excitement of it all!

I'm thinking the answer is yes. Or at least that is what everyone is telling me. Many people say not to read to much. Others say read as much as you can so you will be "adequately prepared." My decision: read as much as I want when I want. I mean it's all fun to read and think about. Who doesn't want to know what is going on in their womb.

A sweet gift from Taylor.

We arrived home from church today and I found this book/journal laying on my bed with a white bow on top. My sweet husband/father-to-be purchased it for me. Honestly I hadn't really thought about keeping a journal (mainly because I am to cheap to buy one), but I am thrilled and blessed to have a husband who is so thoughtful. Thank you, Taylor, you are a wonderful husband and you will be a wonderful father!

This is today's journal entry!

This book/journal is great because it tells you what is going on each day with your baby and you can journal your own thoughts in it.

If anyone has any suggestions for books or other insightful information about pregnancy and babies, please let me know.

7 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been reading your Mom's blog and I found out the happy news from her!

My son (whose birhtday is February 6, by the way) and my daughter-in-law are due December 3! Their first child and my first grandchild.

Enjoy the pregancy and take those vitamins :-)

Hugs, Pat

Betsy Brock said...

I read the book What to Expect...that you have in the picture. It was a great book and one that I would recommend. My favorite part of reading was finding out what size the baby was each month...they would compare it to something like a lima bean, a strawberry, etc, etc. What fun!

steviewren said...

Yuu've got a good hubby!

steviewren said...

You!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

What a sweet, sweet gift from your man!

XUE said...

i came over from yr mom's blog. Congratulations! It took me years of treatment before I could be pregnant & now, our kids are 8 & 10 1/2. I really liked "What to do when you're expecting" & we bought the follow-up books to help us too, during the first & toddler years. I became a mom, in a foreign country, far away from mother or mother-in-laws so it was tough in a way. The good thing is I just follow the book or the doctor's advice, without having to decide to follow my Chinese mother or my German mother-in-law.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Rachel!!:D I think baby knowledge is like many other things... if you hardly know anything, you can be blissfully ignorant. Then you start learning alot more and realize how very little you know and everything becomes very confusing! Until you know enough to understand the basics then it's fun again:) I love birth, personally. It's just one of those things that completely fascinates me! I can't get enough:)
Congrats on the good diaper deals too:) Almost a weeks worth there!!! lol... okay, maybe I'm exaggerating... more like two weeks;)