Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rubber Ducky Baby Shower


This past weekend I helped host a couples baby shower for some close friends. If you haven't already guessed, they are expecting a baby BOY! I had so much fun decorating for this shower. As you can see, we choose a rubber ducky theme.

Simple cupcakes with simple rubber ducky toppers.




Rubber Ducky Punch: lemon-lime soda, white grape juice,
vanilla ice cream, and several drops of blue food coloring.

Top with cute clean rubber duckies.

Rubber Ducky Centerpiece: Baby bathtub, diapers, baby
wash, baby lotion, etc., and a rubber ducky topper!

The happy momma and baby to be.

Congratulations Brandi and Travis!
We are all so excited for you both!

11 comments:

valley view farm said...

Oh my gosh! Those cupcakes are sooo adorable. Who knew a boys baby shower could be so cute!
Erin

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

This is the cutest baby shower I have ever seen! I'm loving the cupcakes -- so simple yet so adorable -- and the punch, how much fun! I hope your friends felt showered with love. A job well done goes out to you!

Brandi said...

Aww! I feel so special to be on your blog! Thank you again for everything you did. The shower was so cute!!

steviewren said...

Rachel, the punch actually looks like foamy blue water. So cute.

tincanlily said...

That looked like one fun shower. What a lucky couple to have you and your husband for friends. I am always drawn to a yellow rubber ducky. They shout out fun!
Denise

JessieLeigh said...

What a cute shower theme! I especially love the punch. Sounds tasty and it looks perfect for a little ducky bath. : )

I was tagged by Candace too; you have a very nice site!

Candace said...

Hi Rachel,
The ducks are just adorable.
You are very creative.
Also, I like your couponing post, great work!

Unknown said...

Hi, a little late, but just saw your comment on domestic bliss...something like that! anyway, i'm doing a shower for my friend next month and love your gift IN the baby tub!! awesome!! i'm gonna steal that idea! the rubber duckies are so cute!

Allison said...

Just found your link from Blissfully Domestic! So cute! I'm going to have to link to this from my blog! If you have any more party-planning ideas, please let me know! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl-
A lady at church asked if I had an idea for a baby shower for a boy. I told her ducks. Then I showed her your pics and she just loves the idea. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.