Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hopes for the Future

(Bedding from The Painted Cottage. Bedding purchased from Home Goods. )


One day in the near future, my husband and I pray to have children. Of course, I hope to have at least one girl and one boy (and many more).

Knowing this little fact in the back of my head, I suppose it is only natural to be thinking of the future as I shop.




Yesterday, I was browsing the clearance aisle and I saw this adorable bedding at Home Goods. At first, I thought it was really cute to be on clearance. I decided to take a peek at the price...when I saw the tag, I could not believe my eyes. SIXTEEN DOLLARS? Eleven dollars for a twin comforter and five dollars for a pillow sham! I could not resist the price.


Look how cute and girly, yet different, this bedding is.


I know it may sound silly to buy bedding for a future baby girl. Especially when #1) I am not pregnant #2) What if we never have a girl? These were my exact thoughts as I phoned my mom to get her opinion/get her to talk me in to buying it (I mean really it was only sixteen dollars, but if you read my post about the sunroom remix, you will remember how hard it is for me to spend money).


And it's reversable!


Once mom was on the phone, I told her my plan. Plan A) If we have a girl, I will use it for her baby bedding by draping the comforter over the rails, putting the pillow in the bed, and buying some additional sheets to match. As she grows older, she can use it with a real twin bed. Plan B) If we never have a girl, I will use the bedding in a guest bedroom or give it to someone as a present. There, it's settled. I'm buying it! And its going in the hope chest with the "few" other baby items that are all...hopes for the future!

5 comments:

steviewren said...

It is absolutely precious. I love it. The color and the flower pattern is so fun....sweet enough for a baby, but not exclusively baby...good job!

Beth said...

Tres chic! What a find! Good plan.

Did you say 1)a boy 2)a girl & 3)MANY more?! Hey, you know I'm teasing you...and who am I to talk? :-)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Ooooooo, I love this! You would have been crazy NOT to buy this. What a great deal, and it's so versatile, too. I love that it doesn't "shout" baby, just happy, femininity that any little lady can enjoy for a long time.

sister said...

Just found your blog, imagine you loving a bargain!! Way to plan for the future!

Miss G said...

okay, i've just been looking through your blog and I think we're kindred spirits! I too have a hard time spending money, love to decorate, am a teacher, like African music and have bought things for children not yet born (hey, I'm not even married yet!) Kelly