Monday, March 24, 2008

Stocking Up at the B &B


My sister-in-law and her mother introduced me to a local 'bent and dent' back in January and I instantly fell in lust for this wonderful store. I made another visit to the B&B last week. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the store (warehouse). It is nothing glamorous. Actually, I learned to bring wet wipes for my hands due to the overwhelming amount of dust and dirt on the boxes. However, the appearance of the building and the cleanliness is instantly overlooked when I see those orange price stickers.


The stickers read wonderful news such as: Covergirl powder $2.00, Zicam cold remedy $2.00, Covergirl eyeliner $1.00, Planters nuts 2 for $1.00, Baked Beans 28 oz. $.79, Starbucks coffee $3.99, colorful party napkins 3 packs of 20 for $1.00, Nature Valley granola bars $1.49, Covergirl lipstick $1.00, Crest toothpaste $1.00, Bertolli extra virgin olive oil 25.5 oz. $4.99, and Ouchless hairbrush $.50. Most of the items are marked down 50 to 75% off grocery store prices.


My sweet husband suggested we stock up on items we know we will use. So that is just what I did. I bought 10 boxes of cereal, 11 cans of whole tomatoes, 5 Covergirl powders (when you find a deal that good you must buy it all), 5 boxes of granola bars, 3 boxes of oatmeal, 4 pounds of macaroni noodles, 2 100 fl. oz. of laundry detergent, 10 cans of tomato sauce, 3 boxes of pizza crust, 2 boxes of barley..........etc.

I spent a little over 3 happy hours in the store sifting through the piles and piles of boxes trying to find the furthest away dates on the boxes. I estimate these items would have cost around $300-350 dollars at the local grocery store. My cost at the B&B, $142.40.

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

WOW!!!

Beth said...

Ooooh, RAchel, I'm salivating. I'm just plain jealous! :-) My stores from B and B are about to run out! But I've got to get back into my Friday Big Lot's routine.

Good for you on your deals! What a blessing!

Hey, good photos, too! They really "capture" it.

steviewren said...

You rock Rachel!!! Frugal, crafty, smart, beautiful....I am so partial to you!

ps love the counter

Rachel said...

Thanks steviewren! A Little Birdie told me about the counter.

steviewren said...

http://flickrembroidery.blogspot.com/