Monday, March 17, 2008

Inspireco---Surprise Easter Eggs


If you have not visited Inspireco, you must visit soon. Inspireco recently posted an Easter project that was so cute and creative, I instantly went out and bought the material to make my own "Surprise Eggs."

For the simple directions click here.



For the text/paper strips, I looked around the house and found an old forgotten Cliffs Notes on Pride and Prejudice, which is one of my favorite stories. This makes looking at the eggs extra special. However, I do realize Pride and Prejudice has nothing to do with Easter. I suppose scraps from the Bible would have been more appropriate. I will have to think harder about the true meanings behind my future craft projects.



Inspireco used lovely ribbon, jewels, and buttons on her eggs. I found pastel paper flowers on sale at Hobby Lobby and then chose matching ribbon that was also on sale (I love sales). I already had the buttons on hand.

8 comments:

steviewren said...

Rachel, I love it that you are so crafty! It warms my heart. And such a wonderful decorator. And such an organized pantry cleaner upper. And such a perfect daughter. Thank you for being mine!

Rachel said...

Your welcome, steviewren, I love you too!

Beth said...

Lovely, Rachel! Save them for next year's Easter decor!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Okay, sooooo cute! You did a great job on those -- photos too! I love them.

Miss G said...

I think it would have been hard to cut up a Bible so I think Pride and Prejudice cliff notes are wonderful for the job! These look great! Way to go! Kelly

tincanlily said...

I also loved the eggs over at Inpireco. I ran out and bought some plastic eggs yesterday. I have made six so far. Plan on making more today. Now I need some ribbon and little notions to put on them. I love your little flowers. They shoot out spring. They are so pretty.

Rachel said...

Look Beyond the Picket Fence-Thanks so much for your friendly comment on my blog. Nice to meet you. Hope to see your name again soon on future comments.

Jocelyn said...

Those came out very well! I like the flowers you added.

Thank you for coming by my blog to visit!