Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dinner Party for Eight


This past weekend, my husband and I hosted a dinner party for eight at our house.


Realizing that I did not have real plates to feed eight people, I purchased these fun white with black swirls, matching plates and napkins.


I made some simple appetizers including: baguette rounds with melted butter and parmesan cheese, toasted French bread with roasted garlic spread, and French bread with slices of roasted red bell peppers. For the main course, I made lasagna. The other dinner party guests brought a Caesar salad, dinner rolls, and a strawberry cake with a strawberry cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries.

The food was wonderful and the company was refreshing!

4 comments:

Miss G said...

Hi Rachel, your post reminds me of how much fun it is to entertain! How did you find my blog? Thanks for your comment! I love comments! It makes me happy each and every time one pops up! Kelly

Rachel said...

Hey Kelly, I found your blog through Modobject at Home and Like Merchant Ships. Glad to "meet." Thanks for your comment!

Jocelyn said...

I like your plates! I'm glad you had a nice time.

Oh PS--quilting is not hard. Definitely try it sometime!

Rachel said...

Thanks Jocelyn, I think maybe I'll try something really small first.