Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sunroom Remix

This weekend I was inspired to give my very white sunroom a colorful makeover. I have known our sunroom would be my favorite room in our house since we moved in over six months ago. However at the time we did not have the proper seating for the room.


Our sunroom after to the remix.

Our sunroom prior to the remix.


Thankfully my husband's parents gave us the most adorable day sofa for Christmas. It is the perfect size for our sunroom (it came from World Market).


Before

After


Anyway, inspiration finally hit me over the weekend. My mom and I were out shopping Friday night and we saw a really cute foot stool/bench. My mom talked me into buying it. And I'm so glad she did. I am never very good at being impulsive, especially when it comes to spending money. So I called my husband to tell him I was thinking about being impulsive and he said, "Do it! Just do it!"


Before

After


I woke up Saturday morning and I was ready to find a few more decorative items to finish off the room. I went to several different stores in our city trying to find just the right combinations of green, white, pink, and yellow. I wanted at least one girly room in our house.




I found some great material at Hancock's Fabric.




Then, I enticed my mom to come to my house and sew two pillows for the day sofa and one for the small air chair.



This room has become what I always envisioned it to be, a beautiful girly retreat!


My mother threading the needle on the sewing machine.



My mom is great at sewing. This is one of her many skills that I hope to become better at one day in the near future.





I want to give a special thanks to my in-laws for giving us the day sofa, Michaels and Hancock's for putting so many items on sale, My husband for letting me spend the money to buy all of these items and allowing me to spend several hours working on the room remix, and finally to my mother for letting me use her as a slave to make these beautiful pillows and for letting me call her over 20 times in one day to ask her opinion on: floral patterns, pillow size, stripes, pottery, canvas size, the color of thread, the size of her big toe, the size of my big toe...any way you get the picture.
Thank you all so much!

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Girly or not, a splash of color makes all the difference - especially during the winter...

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Nice job! I love what you did with the color, it sure adds a lot! Now, enjoy the space!

Beth said...

Rachel, it is impressive! What a change! It was an adorable space before, but now it's alive. Good job, Mom!! So, how big IS your big toe?

Rachel said...

Thank you all!

Brandon, I am so glad to know that you are a fellow blog reader.

Beth, I wouldn't ask mom about the size of her big toe. I think she's a little sensitive about it.

Rachel said...

Thank you all!

Brandon, I am so glad to know that you are a fellow blog reader.

Beth, I wouldn't ask mom about the size of her big toe. I think she's a little sensitive about it.