Friday, February 15, 2008

My Favorite "Hot" Drink


I am sure most people would agree that hot cocoa is a good drink to enjoy on a cold night.

However, my love for this "hot" drink is a little more serious than your average individual. I love hot cocoa. And let me make myself clear, I am not writing about that powdery mix in the paper package. I am writing about real, genuine, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and lets not forget that dollop of homemade whip cream.




I love it anytime of day or night, all year long.

Please make yourself a cup of this hot cozy creamy drink mix next time you need a simple sweet chocolaty treat.


"Perfectly Chocolate" Hot Cocoa Microwave Single Serving:
The Hershey Company

2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. Hershey's Cocoa
Dash salt
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug. 1. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until hot. 3. Gradually add milk to cocoa mixture; stir well. Stir in vanilla.



Homemade Whip Cream
by Rachel

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)
1 Tbsp. sugar

Using the whisk tool, Beat whipping cream in mixer on low speed until bubbles form. Turn speed to medium. When soft peaks begin to form, turn speed to high and add sugar. Continue to beat until firmer peaks form. Put a dollop on your Hot Cocoa and enjoy every wonderful drop.


1 comment:

steviewren said...

Mmmmm, thanks. I think I will make myself a cup.